Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Using Shapes to Learn Fractions

Pinterest is a unique tool that students can use to get creative. I would allow my students to use this website to find fun projects according to the project being done. Hopefully by doing this it gives them the creative thinking skills a first graders should use. In my project I did for students was a "Shapes Activity" on how to use fractions. Below are my steps and images for the project

                              Step 1: Make your fun and skills learning worksheet for the students.




Step 2: Cut out your shapes and some extras just incase!




Step 3: Glue pieces accordingly to the question!




Step 4: Write your answers in the blank given on the worksheet!




Step 5: Fill in the blanks to the fun color questions at the bottom of the sheet!




During this project I learned how to become patient and use time wisely. Teachers are taken for granted now-a-days because everyone thinks they're just taking the easy route through college to get a degree (what I've heard from others), which isn't true at all. You either want to be a teacher or you don't, there is no second guessing because once you do you're already behind. So doing the pinterest project made me even more excited to teach because of all the fun activities I saw that you can do with your kids in the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment